Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Smooth Sailing

The city is doing well so far. Trade and business have flourished handsomely, part in thanks to claiming the nearby mines. The kingdom is still small though, and we have had several hiccups though, but barring any future earthquakes, I do not foresee any major problems as of yet. I have currently taken on the role of our nation's underground information consolidator. I do not feel this role is suited to me though, despite my aptitude for deceit. Thorain and Horrace had decided that Gren would be a better fit as acting baron of this nation which I begrudgingly accepted. The next night, feeling a little bitter, I may have gotten a wee intoxicated and perhaps spread a spiteful rumor or two.
We have shifted our focus once again to the surrounding countryside, as much of it lies unexplored. We came across a troupe of gnomes searching for some dwarven ruins, saved their ponies, and exchanged information with. There were some rather unsuccessful negotiations with a witch, though I don't know if Horrace was trying particularly hard to win over her heart and mind. The latest development had an unnerving feeling about it though. Some livestock seem to have been brutally slaughtered nearby, and we are off to investigate tomorrow. We shall just have to see what the winds push our sails towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment